- Featured monthly technology columnist for Capital Watch, a monthly publication serving the informational needs of more than 40,000 stakeholders in the center of Pennsylvania government.
- Co-founded Diamonds for Lucy, an international project to raise awareness of auto immune disease.
Leadership By Example
- Led the transformation of an industry association’s enterprise programs and services, including event planning and management, sponsorship solicitation, business and investor development, and client relationship management.
- Led an employee communications program for an energy company’s three nuclear power locations during the impending sale of the company, including its Three Mile Island operations.
- Acted as a liaison between the technical staff, functional users and executive leadership for several projects including the Pennsylvania Department of Labor and Industry, the Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission, and the Department of the Navy.
- Selected as the lead business analyst on a technical team responsible for evaluating the Pennsylvania Department of Labor and Industry’s need for a web-based electronic document, artificial intelligence and object management system. Evaluated business processes and worked with functional areas to have an in-depth understanding of the client’s business needs.
Winning Hearts & Minds
- Coordinated the first Pennsylvania Infrastructure Summit attended by 3 cabinet secretaries, 10 CEOs, and more than 360 guests. This program raised $10k and $20k in investor and sponsorship revenue.
- Implemented a statewide Clean Water internet campaign and advocacy initiative leading to $2.3 billion allocated for new infrastructure investment and upgrades in the FY 2008-2009 Pennsylvania budget.
- Directed a regional Health Information Exchange program attracting more than 125 regional hospital systems, service providers, and payor organizations. Two related program events attracted more than 400 attendees, raised $8k and garnered statewide coverage on the Pennsylvania Cable News Network and in several news articles.
- Turned around a Military Information exchange that lost $15k the previous year to a net gain of $14.k Increased participation with a Command Call featuring 12 leading area military installations and support activities, improved vendor representation to more than 75 companies, increased attendance to 275 participants, showcased new technology innovations, and garnered statewide media coverage.
- Experienced in writing annual reports
- Designed and developed websites including: www.deenamalley.com; www.marianneclay.com; www.newgraviti.com; www.datainaflash.com; www.capitalcommunications1.com; www.mycciconnection.com; www.techquestpa.com.
- Led the writing, designing and publishing of PowerPoints, the weekly GPU Nuclear employee newsletter.
- Coordinated the scheduling, writing, design and production of Three Mile Island’s quarterly community relations newsletter with a third party vendor.
- Represented GPU Nuclear’s Three Mile Island facility to the media and at public meetings.
- Wrote columns for GPU Nuclear’s president and produced communication pieces for the Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
- Created the basis of a communications and ideas exchange program between the Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission and the Florida Turnpike Enterprise.
- Experienced in presenting and creating presentations for sales efforts, program reviews, and project status updates for internal and external audiences, ranging from blue collar to executive office.
- Directed the re-branding of a technology association by upgrading all associated marketing collateral, including a complete web site redesign.
- Established a weekly eNews update for an industry association reaching 15,000+ business professionals and leaders worldwide.
- Helped numerous small businesses by writing business plans, proposals and executive and sales presentations.
- Led and supported proposal efforts for EDS and Deloitte by responding to RFPs, RFIs, and RFQs. This included writing major sections and assembling resumes.
- Managed an RFP process for a regional Health Information Exchange.
- Facilitated strategic planning sessions for several projects and organizations.
- Consolidated an industry association’s contacts contained in 276 Excel spreadsheets and an Access database into one web-based Client Relationship Management system. This increased the organization’s communications outreach capability by 300 percent through the integration with its eMail marketing campaigns and by building web site data capture reports.
Revenue Control & Improvements
- Led a forensic corporate accounting project recovering $400k in unbilled expenses and $100k in employee fraud.
- Eliminated Service Level Agreement non-compliance on an IBM national healthcare account by designing and implementing a quality assurance program to proactively monitor interim project deliverables and generate associated reporting to all levels of management.
- Established financial controls for a number of projects and organizations including: preparing, updating and reviewing project budgets, evaluating weekly and monthly burn rates, reviewing timecards, preparing financial reports, presenting financial data to clients and executives, managing A/P and A/R functions, preparing client invoices, writing contract correspondence, maintaining facilities, and controlling associated operating expenses.
- Increased a non-profit’s net revenue by 200 percent from the previous year
- Established and supported program management operational (PMO) structures and operational controls for EDS, Deloitte and Glatfelter.
- Managed a portfolio of 25 business and information technology programs and projects for a global paper manufacturer with all project milestones being delivered on time and on budget.
- Coordinated the overall project schedule, weekly dashboard reporting, cutover plan, issues and scope management, and all project deliverables for several $100M+ contracts for EDS and Deloitte.
- Specialized in new project start ups bringing expertise in project operational control. Detailed project plans, project dashboards, issues and risk management, budgets, project time reporting, quality control, and deliverable tracking.
- Facilitated and documented lessons learned reviews.
- Created and implemented executive dashboards for EDS, IBM, and Deloitte, as well as several small businesses and non profits.
- Negotiated and managed vendor relationships and subcontracts for EDS, Deloitte, and an industry association.
- Salvaged a faltering internship program and rebuilt it using staffing industry best practices leading to 100+ interns being placed into paid assignments, with a payroll of more than $500k
- Using existing Microsoft Office applications and pragmatic technology execution, created a suite of office automation tools to help track toll booth activities, including collections and personnel performance for the Pennsylvania Turnpike’s Department of Fare Collections.
- Conducted operational analysis and implemented process improvements for several small businesses, non-profits and industry associations. The resulting organizational and technology realignments led to elimination of double and triple keying data into single point of entry systems.
- Managed a joint Department of the Navy, EDS and Deloitte Program Management Operations office for a large scale Enterprise Resource Planning project implementing SAP R/3 for the U.S. Navy’s Supply Maintenance Aviation and Reengineering Team.
- Managed an EDS technical writing and business support team for a 200 plus technical programmers and analysts for the consolidation of Department of Defense accounting systems into the Defense Finance and Accounting Service. The team was responsible for project operations and the writing and production of technical manuals, project plans, reports and executive dashboard reporting.
Champion of Change
- Built solid relationships at various levels throughout organizations to enable change and to develop cross-project synergies.
- Rescued a failing process and quality improvement effort for EDS’ federal government division in Camp Hill, Pa. This effort resulted in a process improvement focus leading to the organization being certified at a Capability Maturity Model Level 3 ten months later.
- Worked as a change agent and primary relationship manager for an IBM project consolidation of National Account Service Company (NASCO) account, resulting in shared services between U.S. and off-shore resources.
- Spearheaded several process improvement and change initiatives enabling project transparency by using standard repositories, reporting structures, maintaining organizational standards, implementing quality audits, leading weekly meetings, and coordinating all process improvement activities.
- Acted as a mentor, coach and change agent to train project and program managers on organizational processes based on Glatfelter’s implementation of Kepner Tregoe’s Project Management methodology.